|A History of STRUM
and the TOWN OF UNITY by Roy Matson
|River Valley. A conservative group, later aligned with the Norwegian Synod, erected a
building nearer the center of the township about five years later. The West Beef River
cemetery marks this place.
A large scale remodeling was performed on the St. Paulís building in 1902. After much
debate the Norwegian Synod group voted to move into the village and erected the brick
building on Elm Street in 1915. In 1955 the two groups, identical in their beliefs, voted to
merge and formed the present Immanuel Lutheran congregation. A new education
building was completed in 1959 and a general remodeling took place in time for the
centennial observance in 1973.
About the time of the Lutheran doctrinal split during the late 80ís, a free faith movement
attracted several members of this community. These families erected a building and at
present belong to the Assembly of God movement.
|Scan of Original Page & Pictures